Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Purpose of the Blog

We chose our title because our real world lives leave little room for what we see on the food network! We always seem to be passing recipes on scrap pieces of paper, random emails, and over the phone that we have somehow changed, tweaked, or totally revamped-- so here is our attempt to be internet savy and use a blog to share recipes among the great chefs/bakers we know.

To our followers: We will be updating new features to the blog as it grows-- but for now-- enjoy our first recipes and comment/rate them if you make them. Be honest if you hate them, they don't turn out, or you have suggestions. Remember it is the Kitchen of Reality, we seek out honesty in cooking!! If you are interested in contributing (and we know you) email Anna and she can set you up with author rights. Sorry, we don't allow random strangers to contribute.

To our growing list of authors: We ask that you post recipes that you yourself have made, really liked, and are planning to make again. Because this is the kitchen of reality please add on the end of your post any variations or changes you would recommend. Also, be sure to label your recipe so we can begin to develop categories-- desserts, pastas, veggies, etc.

We look forward to seeing where this blog goes!
Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your blog idea, and I love to cook, so I will be checking up on you frequently! Maybe if I get adventurous, I will even post a recipe! Your family rocks! Hugs~Susan Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I know you want me to add to this blog, but how do I post a recipe? You know I don't usually write anything down, or make things the same way twice, but I could make an exception for you. Just tell me what recipes you want me to submit.

    ReplyDelete