Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Crock-Pot Chicken Tetrazzini

I love easy crock pot cooking-- being able to come home in the late afternoon and know your dinner is almost ready-- woohoo! This was a recipe I tried this winter-- because it is hot-- but I kept forgetting to give it to Rachel, so here it is.

Ingredients:
3 cups chicken broth
1 jar mushrooms or 8 oz container of sliced fresh mushrooms
1 large jar of pimentos
1 can cream of chicken or mushroom soup (I use whatever is in the pantry!)
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
salt and pepper
8-10 oz cooked thin spaghetti

Directions:
- Put all ingredients EXCEPT the pasta noodles into the crock pot and turn on low
- 30 minutes before ready to eat, cook pasta noodles, and add to crock pot mixture
- Serve and enjoy!

Notes:
- You can used canned chicken for this to save you some more time.
- I like some spice in my food- so we have added hot sauce to the tetrazzini once before
- After adding the noodles if it doesn't thicken up enough for you-- use a little cornstarch (or flour) mixed in cold water-- and wisk it in
- This is also a great recipe for a potluck!

No comments:

Post a Comment