Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fiesta Chicken Corn Chowder

Another crock pot recipe for you. Great for a cold day!

Ingredients
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of potato soup
1 1/2 cups milk
2 cups cubed chicken
1 can Mexicorn
1 jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can chopped green chilies
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
Dump all ingredients, except cheese, into a crock pot and simmer until hot. Add cheese about 10 minutes before serving and stir well.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality
- This recipe can be made on the stovetop but I love to throw it all in the crockpot and leave it awhile.
- I love the mushrooms, so I use two cans.
- Although I've made this with "real" chicken, I often times make it with canned chicken. It works fine either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment