Saturday, December 18, 2010

Crock Pot Chicken Marsala

Have I mentioned that I have an obsession with my crock pot?? I'm always looking for a way to cook a recipe in it and here is my latest. Super easy, hope you enjoy!

Ingredients
4 boneless chicken breasts, thawed
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp basil
3 Tbsp butter
1 pkg fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup Marsala cooking wine

Directions
- Place sliced mushrooms in bottom of crock pot.
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, basil together in shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in flour mixture until well coated.
- Place chicken on top of mushrooms in crock pot.
- Pour Marsala cooking wine over chicken.
- Drizzle melted butter over chicken.
- Cook in crock pot on low until done. (About 3-4 hours)
- Serve over pasta.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality
- I didn't have time to thaw my chicken so I ran warm water over it and then dipped it -- okay more like rubbed flour on it. Didn't make any difference.
- I had Marsala cooking wine for another recipe-- bought it at Harris Teeter- but there are several substitutes you can use if you don't want to buy it. Do a google search.
- Next time I plan on using more mushrooms because they were yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment