Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cake Batter Blondies

My husband LOVES funfetti/rainbow chip cake and my oldest daughter loves anything with sprinkles. When I ran across this recipe, I knew they'd both love it and I was right.

Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:

Combine the first four ingredients in a large bowl. Add the milk slowly – you want the batter to remain as dense as possible. Then mix in the rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips. Bake in a greased 9x9 pan at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality:

You want it to brown on the edges but not get too dry throughout. 30 minutes wasn't quite long enough-- mine was a little mushy in the middle. You'll have to play around with it depending on your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment