Monday, April 4, 2011

Potatoes in the Crock Pot

Sunday was a busy morning at church and Mark's parents were in for the weekend as well. I was planning chicken, sweet potatoes, and a green veggie for lunch-- nothing fancy-- but didn't want to have to make it all when we got home from church at noon. Ahh... my best friend the crock pot!! Nothing special for the chicken, just threw it in frozen with some marinade at about 8am, and cranked it to high.

I've seen around in my cooking blog world where people cook potatoes in their crockpot on top of the other food they are cooking. So I said why not, and I tried it. On top of the chicken I placed a large sheet of foil that came up the sides of the crockpot. I then put in 5 large sweet potatoes and closed the lid.

The result:
When we got home lunch was ready, except for my green veggie, which only took 5 minutes. The sweet potatoes were fabulous, had lots of flavor and the peel just fell off. Definitely a fun little trick I'll be doing again.

Not really a recipe, but thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment