Monday, April 4, 2011

Pancake Pork

I feel like Anna is always the one submitting here and so I'm going to try to make more of an effort to get some more recipes out there.  After all, I'm sure Anna would like some new ones to try :)

This is more of a method than a 'recipe.'  It came from my Dad.

My favorite application:

bone in pork chops
Aunt Jamima ORIGINAL (NOT complete) Pancake Flour
butter
garlic salt

1.  Line a sheet pan with Non-stick Aluminum Foil.  Yes, it's expensive, but it makes this so easy to remove.  I've tried regular foil with non-stick spray but it still has the tendency to stick.  Coupon + HT doubles = cheap non-stick foil :)
2.  Pour the pancake flour into a zip lock bag.  The amount depends on the amount of pork.  Add your pork chops and shake it like a polaroid picture ;)
3.  Place the coated pork chops on the aluminum foil.
4.  Cut a small pat of butter and put on each pork chop.
5.  Sprinkle with just a touch of garlic salt.
6.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour. 

Notes from Kitchen of Reality:
-If your pork chops are frozen, there is no need to thaw.  They will coat with the flour even when frozen!  Bake for a full hour if they are frozen.
-I do this application to bone in pork chops, boneless pork tenderloin slices, boneless skinless chicken breasts, and even split chicken breasts.
-It's my go to when I can't come up with a meal.  The pancake flour just gives it an extra flavor that I can't describe and it gets crispy with the little bit of butter.
-I have not tried this with any other brand of pancake flour.  I have no idea what that would do or taste like.  I do know that you must NOT use the complete kind.  You need the kind that requires you to add oil/eggs if you were making pancakes.

I hope you fall in love with this as much as I have!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment