Thursday, December 10, 2009

Asparagus Quiche

My favorite all-time quiche recipe.
My mom has made it as long as I can remember and it's even better the day after, reheated or cold!

Ingredients:
1 cup grated Swiss cheese
1 can asparagus -- FRESH is wonderful in season
1 cup evaporated milk
3 eggs
1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1 tsp tarragon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:
Mix all ingredients and pour into a ready to bake pie shell. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.

Tips from Kitchen of Reality:
- The original recipe calls for bacon, but I almost like it with ham better. Probably because it's easier and I usually have it. (Just cut up some ham lunch meat in 1/2 inch squares to make 1/2 cup.)
- Be sure to use tarragon-- it makes the recipe!
- The original recipe calls for "whipping cream" but I've used plain old milk and evaporated milk-- doesn't seem to make a difference. (Except in calories!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment