Monday, February 28, 2011

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole

Another breakfast casserole option that's great for a crowd. What can I say, I'm on a breakfast kick!

Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
2 cans of cinnamon rolls
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup maple syrup

Directions
- Melt butter and pour into bottom of 9x13 pan, coating entire surface.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 8 pieces and place it bottom of dish.
- In mixing bowl beat eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour over rolls.
- Pour maple syrup over the top of entire mixture. (This seems strange, I know.)
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand about 5 minutes and drizzle with cinnamon roll icing packs.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality
- The original recipe calls for whipping cream which I rarely have-- milk works fine and is better for you anyways.

1 comment:

  1. I made this morning for my Sunday School. They ate all of it which speaks for itself! It was WONDERFUL and EASY! One tip from my kitchen...buy Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. I bought great value brand and they were very difficult to cut up. You know how Pillsbury rolls are more like biscuits? The GV brand were rolled pieces and came apart and made cutting them up next to impossible. Other than that, it will be made many more times in the future!

    ReplyDelete