Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cheesy Beef Pie

I remember my mom making this when I was a kid, but I haven't had it in ages. I pulled out the recipe yesterday and had all the ingredients, so I gave it a go. YUMMY! Better than I remember. Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 3oz can sliced mushrooms
2 eggs
1/4 tsp oregano
1/8 tsp pepper
2 pkgs crescent rolls
6 slices of American cheese

Directions
- Brown ground beef, drain and rinse.
- Stir in tomato sauce, mushrooms, eggs, oregano, and pepper.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and fit into a 9 inch pie pan sealing all perforations.
- Spread half of meat mixture into bottom of pan.
- Arrange cheese slices over meat.
- Top with remaining meat mixture.
- Place second roll of crescent rolls over the top of the filling.
- Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality
- Recipe called for chopped onions too-- I hate onions so I left those out. However, I added garlic!
- I used fresh mushrooms because I had them, they work fine too.
- My crust browned a little too fast so I covered it with foil about 30 minutes into the baking time.
- I didn't have sliced cheese but used grated cheddar instead.

1 comment:

  1. Of course you have fresh mushrooms since your husband cultivates them for you :)

    ReplyDelete