Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Caramel Puffs

This is an addictive recipe. BEWARE! I think my Grandma Etta made these for us the first time and now they are a special treat that we love to make especially on vacations or around holidays. For those that hate popcorn kernels stuck in your teeth from real popcorn-- this is the greatest recipe-- ask my brother in law, Brian.

Ingredients
2 sticks margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 bags of butter flavored corn puffs

Directions
- Bring margarine, brown sugar, and syrup to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda.
- Pour over puffs.
- Spread in a thin layer and bake for 45 minutes at 250, stirring occasionally.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality
- I usually use two 9x13 dishes to bake these in. It allows me to spread them thinner and not throw them all over the bottom of my oven when I stir them.
- Butter flavored puffs are sometimes hard to find but they do sell them. (I got them at Aldi this week, that is why I have the recipe out. Mark is in heaven.)

No comments:

Post a Comment