Thursday, October 8, 2009

Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream

Here is a recipe I adapted to make some yummy pumpkin ice cream. It's very simple and delicious! I'd recommend crushing some graham crackers or gingersnaps (I don't like them but if you do I'm sure they'd be delicious) to add even more goodness. I also read it goes well with apple pie.

Here's how I made it:

Ingredients:

1 can pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cups brown sugar
at least 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice (you could make your own using cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg)

Mix ingredients together well with a mixer or blender. Put in your ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Makes 2 quarts.

It's best right out of the ice cream freezer and is so creamy! Just another excuse to use pumpkin during pumpkin season!

No comments:

Post a Comment