Monday, March 28, 2011

Thai Peanut Chicken

Okay-- so my husband eats anything but really did NOT like this recipe. Strange, because I'm normally the picky one, but I LOVED it! So... I'm sharing but beware, it's kinda weird. I love Thai food, so if you don't... I wouldn't make it. We had friends over for dinner and he loved it and she not so much... so who knows... if you make it let me know what you think!!

Ingredients

- 4 boneless chicken breasts

- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter

- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced

- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped

- 1 tablespoon ground cumin

- 1 lime, juiced

- 1/4 cup soy sauce

- 1/2 cup chicken broth

Directions

- Use a slow cooker. You know... my new favorite thing!

- Put the chicken into the bottom of your pot and add the peanut butter.

- Toss in the vegetables and cumin.

- Squeeze in lime, and add soy sauce and chicken broth.

- Stir as well as you can to combine.

- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours.

- Serve over rice.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality

- I threw in some red pepper flakes for some extra spice.

- There were a few clumps of peanut butter left after cooking that didn't get mixed into the sauce. I would scrape those off the chicken before serving-- it's a little too much peanut butter otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment