Saturday, August 7, 2010

Chicken with White Cream Sauce

This was a FABULOUS dinner brought to us after we had Audrey. Thanks for the awesome and easy recipe, Emily, we loved it!

Ingredients:
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsps butter
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup cooking wine
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic

Directions:
- In a large skillet, melt butter and brown chicken on both sides.
- Place chicken in 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix all ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality:
- I had Chardonnay open in my kitchen, so that is what I used for the cooking wine. (And to fill the glass that was sitting on the counter next to me!)
- Mushrooms are optional, I have had the recipe with and without them... and it's good either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment