Monday, August 9, 2010

Blackberry Wine Cake

I have had this before at our neighbor's house, but finally decided to make it on my own. YUM!! It was just as good as I remembered, and it's super easy! I had a few different recipes for this cake, a few off the Internet and some from my mom's church cookbooks. I ended up combining recipes and this is the one I used.
Enjoy!

Ingredients:

Cake:
1 white or yellow cake mix
1/2 cup cooking oil
3 oz package blackberry jello (or grape)
1 Cup Blackberry wine (Manischewitz)
4 eggs

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup blackberry wine

Directions:
Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased bundt pan.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until done.
Let cake cool slightly and flip out onto cake plate.
While cake is cooling, mix up glaze.
Once cake is cool, pour glaze over the top.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality:
- I found all ingredients at Wal-Mart, including the blackberry wine.
- You can pour the glaze on before the cake is completely cool, but it will soak in and run off the cake some. BUT... it's still yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment