Monday, August 31, 2009

Pumpkin Butterscotch Trifle

Fall is my FAVORITE time of the year and the weather change today reminded me that it is quickly approaching. As I was menu planning this week I came across one of my favorite fall desserts. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Ingredients
- 4 pkgs butterscotch pudding
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- crumbled gingerbread (they sell gingerbread cake mix at the store with other cake mixes)
- 1 12 oz container of Cool Whip

Directions
- Mix pudding, milk, pumpkin, and cinnamon together in bowl.
- In a large trifle bowl, layer pudding, gingerbread, and cool whip several times-- be sure to end with cool whip.
- Refrigerate at least 5 hours-- overnight is better.

Notes from a Kitchen of Reality
- If you don't want to use gingerbread- gingersnaps cookies are also great. (Faster, too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment