The original Pinterest Recipe...
- 6 Chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
1 Cup Low Calorie Italian dressing (less than 70 cals per 2 tbs)
One large tomato, Sliced thin
2 Tablespoons Ground Basil
1 Tablespoon Ground Oregano
Take boneless, skinless chicken thighs and put them in a crockpot. Slice tomato into thin slices, and place over chicken.
Pour Italian dressing over the chicken and tomato. Sprinkle Oregano and Basil over the top. Cook on high setting for three hours or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
For an additional 70 calories, you may serve on/over a piece of baked sourdough bread.
makes 6 servings
My Recipe...(everyone knows I rarely have all the ingredients for anything!
- 2 Complete Frozen Chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
1 Cup Low Calorie Italian dressing (what was left in a Low Calorie Italian Bottle and what was left in a Wishbone Romano Basil Vinaigrette bottle)
- 1 1/2 cups of diced Roma Tomatoes (left over from tacos)
- A couple shakes of Ground Basil (about 2 tablespoons)
- A couple shakes of Ground Oregano (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil leaves cut into small pieces
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano cut into small pieces
Dump it all in the crockpot. Chicken first, then tomatoes, then dressing and seasonings. Set probe temp (if you have one) to 165 degrees and let cook. It took about 2 hours on high and then sat for an hour on warm before serving.
Serve over plain Ramen Noodles cooked with no seasoning (or ala Madeline). Make sure to spoon the juices out of the bottom of the crock pot and pour over the chicken and noodles for extra flavor. Top with cheese. In my case, I used parmasean, asiago, romano combination (it was in the fridge). Mozzerella would be more in line with the Bruschetta recipe! In any case, make it your own!