Sunday, January 23, 2011

French Dip Sandwiches

A couple of weeks ago I bought a chuck roast to make homemade beef and noodles. They were buy one get one free so I needed a recipe for the other roast, but one that wasn't "roasty." I found this on allrecipes.com and really liked it. I know some people say you should fix the recipe the written way the first time and then alter it on subsequent preparations, but I never follow that rule! So this is my version.

4 pounds beef chuck roast
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
3 bay leaves
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/8 - 1/4 cup Worcestershire
2 cups beef broth (low sodium if you can)
3 cups water

Throw everything in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 10 hours. Give time at the end to remove the meat from the liquid. Cool the liquid and skim off the fat so you can use the jus for dipping. Shred the meat and put it on a toasted sub bun. Really easy and quite inexpensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment