Friday, March 5, 2010

Quick & Easy Chicken Pot Pie

My friend Kristin made this for us right after we had Madeline and it was YUMMY!! When she gave me the recipe I was amazed at how simple it was, I think it originally was a Kraft recipe.

Ingredients:
- 1 lb chicken (cooked and cubed)
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry or pie shell

Directions:
- Mix chicken, veggies, soup, and melted cheese
- Pour in 9" square baking dish
- Cover with pastry and tuck in the edges
- Poke holes in the top to vent steam
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes

Tips from Kitchen of Reality:
- Although it calls for one can of cream of chicken soup, I use two. The first time I made it, it seemed a little dry.
- Great recipe to double and then throw one in the freezer.

2 comments:

  1. I cook the chicken in a few TBs of Italian dressing. This adds some juice to it. In fact sometimes I drain some of that off b/c I've felt it made it too watery. The original recipe also calls for egg to be brushed on the pastry, but I never do that. It's very easy to double this b/c you will have 2 pastry sheets and extra Velveeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used phyllo dough (bought the wrong thing) and did not like it with that. Otherwise, I love this recipe. I used 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete