Sunday, February 26, 2012

Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Garlic

I am a woman on a budget these day for sure and this was a cheap recipe that had GREAT flavor and was really “light.” Try it, I think you’ll like it.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup olive oil

3 cloves garlic, minced

1/8 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes

2/3 pound mushrooms, sliced

1 teaspoon salt

1 pound spaghetti

3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley

1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper

Directions

  1. In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and the red-pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic softens, about 1 minute. Add the sliced mushrooms and the salt and cook until the mushrooms soften, about 5 minutes.
  2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 9 minutes. Drain and toss with the mushroom mixture, the parsley, and the pepper.

 

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality

- I thought 1/2 cup of oil sounded like a lot… I think I used about 1/2 of that.

- I used minced garlic that I had in the fridge instead of cloves.

- I love angel hair pasta, so we used that instead of spaghetti

- The leftovers of this were AMAZING! The flavor was just so much better. I may make this ahead next time, refrigerate it, then reheat in skillet when ready to serve. The pasta just had more flavor. Then again, if I had used more oil it may not have been a problem as it would have coated the pasta better. YUMMY… none the less!

No comments:

Post a Comment