Saturday, August 27, 2011

Beef and Broccoli Ramen Stir Fry

My husband and I both get paid once a month so sometimes things get a bit tight at the end of the month. I was looking around for cheap dinner ideas and ran across this.

1 package beef or spicy beef ramen noodles
2 cups water
1 pound beef steak strips
2 teaspoons oil
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 cup green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)

1. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain.
2. In a skillet/wok on high brown beef and remove (3-4 min).
3. Add oil, 1/2 seasoning packet, broccoli and onions. Stir-fry for five minutes.
4. Add soy sauce and red pepper. Simmer for five minutes more.
5. Put beef back in and stir together. Serve over noodles.

Kitchen of Reality Tips
- I bought the thin cut sirloin tip steak from Aldi (has a yellow label for fajitas). It is $4.29 a pound. I think the broccoli was about $2 also at Aldi. The ramen I got on sale for 17 cents. The green onions were 99 cents. The rest I had on hand. It's a pretty good meal for under $8. If you need to serve 4 adults/teenagers you may need to use a little more steak and broccoli and I would definitely use 2 packages of ramen.
- I added some sesame oil to this as well because I had it on hand. Makes the flavor a little deeper.
- I did my ramen first like it suggested and it turned to glue. I threw it in with the beef and broccoli, mixed it around, and that unstuck it.

Hope you enjoy for some good cheap eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment