Saturday, June 19, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake

I LOVE a good homemade chocolate pound cake, it is actually my favorite cake, but I don't make it often because it takes a while. This past week in our travels, we had this fabulous alternative that can fool anyone! (I give all credit for this recipe to my dear friend Susan Sawyer.)

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
3/4 c. water
3/4 c. oil
4 lg. eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 sm. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Sift together cake mix and chocolate pudding.
Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips.
Beat well, then gradually stir in chips.
Pour batter into greased and floured tube pan and bake 55 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Tips from a Kitchen of Reality:
- It really is that easy! Mine baked for right at an hour.
- Next time I might do mini chocolate chips instead of the regular size ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment